How This Web Content Writer Works
As a freelance copywriter, I get asked that question a lot, but really only about web content. I guess maybe email copywriting or print work, those things are more straightforward in people’s minds. But web content…now that always means a question about the process.
So after writing it up just now for a potential client in need of a freelance copywriter, I thought I should just make it public knowledge!
This is my process as a freelance copywriter. Someone else will probably approach your web content in a different way. But this is what you can expect if you choose to work with me:
- We have a 30-45 minute kickoff call during which I ask a lot of questions about your target audience and your core marketing message.
- I sometimes do keyword research if the client can’t provide or I ask for the keywords if the client has them.
- I write and submit the home page only, to ensure I have the right voice/tone/core message.
- Client gives me feedback on the home page.
- I rewrite the home page and resubmit.
- Once the home page is done, I write first drafts of the rest of the pages and submit.
- Client gives me feedback on the rest of the pages.
- I revise the rest of the pages accordingly, and this time add in keywords and write Title tags for SEO.
- I submit content and then I am on standby for any questions the web designer or developer might have.